This is a terrific dish for lunch or dinner. Layers of delicious flavors, protein and vitamins.
All my recipes are for 2 servings!
If you cook for four, double the amount of the ingredients.
- 8 oz (240 g) sirloin steak (1” thick)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 twists from the black pepper grinder
- 3 twists from the Pasta Rossa spice grinder (if you cannot find this spice, you can use Garlic And Pepper spice mixture)
- 1 cup penne pasta
- ½ teaspoon dried turmeric
- Crispy lettuce of your choice (I like Romaine)
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup (120 ml) pineapple chunks
- 8 olives (I like the green ones with garlic inside)
- 12 pickled silver onions
- ½ cup (120 ml) crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (I use the mild one)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme and rosemary mixture
How to prepare:
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Add turmeric to the cooking water.
Take a non-stick pan and heat up to medium high heat. Add the olive oil and the steak. Cook for 2 minutes. Lower the temperature to medium and turn the steak. Cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper and Pasta Rossa spice mixture. Place the steak on a plate.
Wash and cut the lettuce into slices. Divide these between two plates. Wash the tomatoes and add them on the lettuce. Add the pineapple chunks, onions and olives.
Mix the crème fraiche with chili paste and the dried herbs.
Drain the pasta and divide it between the two plates. Cut the steak into slices and add these on the pasta. Drizzle crème fraiche on the steak.