If you like pasta and meat, this is a great recipe for you. With low-fat cream this dish is healthy, nutritious and delicious. If you prefer chicken over meat, change the ground beef to chicken fillet.
All my recipes are for 2 servings!
- 4-5 oz (110-140 g) gnocchi or penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt for the pasta water
- 10 oz (300 g) high quality ground beef
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt for the meat
- 3 twists from your black pepper mill
- ½ cup (120 ml) chopped tomatoes from can
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) cooking / low-fat cream 20%
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon green pesto
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese flakes
- 10 sliced sun-dried tomatoes (from jar)
How to prepare:
Cook the pasta and follow instructions on the package.
Take a non-stick pan and cook the ground beef in oil on medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Stir often. Lower the temperature to medium. Season with salt and black pepper. Let cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, chili and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Stir often. Add water and Worcestershire sauce. Lower the temperature to medium-low, add the cream and let simmer for 6 minutes. (If you use chicken fillet cut into 1″ pieces, instead of the meat, let simmer for 8 minutes).
Drain the pasta. Divide the pasta between two pasta plates. Season with thyme. Pour the sauce on the pasta. Decorate with green pesto for extra color and flavor. Sprinkle parmesan flakes and sun-dried tomatoes on top and enjoy a spicy, tasty pasta dish.