This soup is lightly spicy, very healthy and bursting with vitamins. A wonderful choice for a light lunch in the summer. If you are very hungry, add a few slices of your favorite bread topped with olive oil, tomato slices and dried herbs.
All my recipes are for 2 servings!
- 4 carrots
- 1,5 cups (360 ml) water mixed with 1 teaspoon chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (120 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (mild or hot)
- A handful of arugula leaves
- 12 small capers
- 2 teaspoons of creme fraiche or sour cream
How to prepare:
Peel the carrots. Cut off the hard green part. Slice the carrots into small pieces.
Bring the water to a boil and add the carrot pieces and the ginger. Reduce the heat from high to medium heat. Let cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Mash the carrots lightly with a hand masher. Add the orange juice, the chili, the lemon pepper, the salt, and the turmeric. Cook for 1 minute.
Divide the soup between two small soup bowls. Add asparagus leaves on top. Add creme fraiche and capers. Enjoy an exotic soup with lovely flavors.